SPHEROIDAL CAST IRON PIPES FOR WATERWORKS
PIPING IN ACCORDANCE WITH UNI EN 545 STANDARD AND D.M. NO. 174, 06/04/2004
- For drinking water and other water distribution networks.
- Joint: automatic elastic AJ (complies with UNI 9163) with EPDM elastomer gasket (complies with DM174) and complies with EN 681-1
- Inner coating: sulfate-resistant blast furnace cement mortar in accordance with EN 545 and ISO 4179
- Outer coating: 400 g/m2 of zinc-aluminum alloy (Zn 85% + Al 15%) applied by metallization with blue paint finish (acrylic or epoxy) according to EN 545 and conforming to contact with water intended for potable use
- Cement roughness: ε=0.1mm
- Normalized length 5.5m or 6m
- Total mass per pipe and per meter (including inner lining and socket) determined with nominal thickness, in kg/m. Mass is approximate.
Spheroidal cast iron pipe "AQUA" can be buried with all types of soil, except:
- Acidic peaty soils
- Soils containing waste, ash, slag, or polluted by industrial wastes or effluents
- Soils located below the level of the marine water table with resistivity less than 500 Ω*cm
Within these soils, for soils of higher aggressiveness, as well as in the presence of stray currents, the use of other types of external coatings is recommended (according to EN545:2010). Please consult us for more information.
TYPES OF WATER
"AQUA" spheroidal cast iron pipes are suitable for conveying all types of potable water in accordance with Directive 98/83/EC.